Angelina Jolie to become politician?

Angelina Jolie would consider running for political office.
In addition to being an Oscar winning film star and mother to six children, the actress is a notable humanitarian – supporting a number of children’s charities, lobbying the US government with human rights interests and being a special envoy for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – and says one day she could possibly run for office.

Speaking on Good Morning America she said: “You know, if I thought I’d be effective, I would. But I’m not sure if I would ever be taken seriously in that way, and be able to be effective.”
The 38-year-old star also took the brave decision to undergo a preventative double mastectomy last year, and says that decision has helped bring her both closer to people and raise awareness, which has had a very positive effect.
She added: “I wasn’t worried about it, but I didn’t expect there to be so much support. And I was very moved by it… It’s connected me so much to other families, other women.
“And you know, and now when I meet people, we don’t talk as much about films, but we talk about their children, or women’s choices, or their wives. It’s been a really beautiful journey.”
Previous Post Next Post